Position Vacant – Full time OOSH Coordinator – 38 hours per week
(Start date 15th January 2018, (negotiable)
We are looking for an experienced OOSH coordinator for our 135 place service in Girraween as our current coordinator is retiring. We are proud to be an established provider of community based out of school hours care, operating 4 OOSH services in Western Sydney. (Girraween, Toongabbie & Greystanes area)
All employees have access to many benefits including, but not limited to, above award conditions (child care award 2010) and experience across a range of centres and communities. We offer a balance of time spent on floor with the kid’s vs admin time and any meetings or professional development you need to attend.
In your position you will be supported by the Organisations Manager and Assistant Manager, (head office is located on site) and your peer coordinators from our other services who all meet on a regular basis to discuss organisational and industry requirement and any internal issues that may arrise.
The Service is open from 6.30am to 9.00am – 3.00pm – 6.30pm
We have a very good working relationship with the school and are a large part of the school community.
Although we operate Vacation Care (6.30am to 6.30pm) from our Girraween Service, we have a separate Vacation Care Coordinator who oversees it.
- Current working with children check
- Accredited Child Protection training
- Current first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis certificate
- Diploma in outside school hours care or higher, or working towards a relevant qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience as a coordinator in outside school hours care.
- Demonstrated skills and commitment to professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong working knowledge of National Quality Standards & Framework
- Strong working knowledge of My Time Our Place
- Knowledge and skills in use of computer software such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge and skills in using Qikkids or similar CCMS software or commitment to learn
- Knowledge and skills in use of smart pads, tablets or similar technology and a variety of software/apps eg. Facebook, itunes, photoapps, programming apps etc. or commitment to learn
- Ability to show initiative and self-direction and inspire staff to develop same.
- Ability to delegate and motivate team to develop & implement high quality programs, policies & procedures
- Ability to work within and lead a team of educators, and foster a team environment.
- Commitment to further learning & development of knowledge & skills eg. Inservices, training, qualifications.
As the Coordinator you will be required to: Demonstrate and maintain a strong, thorough working knowledge of:
- National Quality Standards & Framework (NQS & NQF)
- My Time Our Place (MTOP)
- Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- Planning cycle and implementation
- Child development and developmentally appropriate practice
- Service policies & procedures
- Shift responsibilities and expectations
- Legislative requirements
- Behaviour management and redirection
- Quality age appropriate programs & activities
- Quality menu preparation and food handling standards
- CCMS Handbook and fee reporting requirements.
Please click here to send an email with your resume and cover letter
Applications close 20/10/2017
we are currently looking for on call casual staff to fill shifts when staff are on leave. this position could lead to permanent shifts in the future.
Current working with children check
Current first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis certificate or commitment to achieve this in 3 months from starting.
Commitment to gaining working knowledge & understanding of
* National Quality Standards & Framework
* My Time Our Place
* Services policies & procedures
Ability to follow directions of senior staff, and work within the services policies & procedures.
Ability to show initiative and self-direction.
Commitment to further learning & development of knowledge & skills eg. Inservice, training, qualifications.
Experience in outside school hours care or other child related employment
Certificate IV in outside school hours care or equivalent or commitment to completing related study.
Child Protection training and certificate
Please click here to send an email to send your resume