Accounts will be sent on Friday 17th November 2017 for the billing period 20.11.2017 – 01.12.2017
– fees will be due by close of business on Thursday 30th November 2017
Accounts will be sent on Friday 1st December for the billing period 04.12.2017 – 15.12.2017
– fees will be due by close of business on Thursday 14th December 2017
Accounts will be sent on Friday 15th December 2017 for a 3 week billing period 18.12.2017 – 05.01.2018
– fees will be due by close of business on Thursday 04th January 2018
Accounts will be sent on Friday 05th January 2018 for the billing period 08.01.2018 – 19.01.2018
– fees will be due by close of business on Thursday 18th January 2018
Accounts will be sent on Friday 19th January 2018 for the billing period 22.01.2018 – 02.02.2018
– fees will be due by close of business on Thursday 01st February 2018
Fees and Charges July 2017 to June 2018
Please NOTE THAT FEES are due by 9am on the last Friday of each Month, please ensure fees are paid on time to avoid the overdue account fee.
|Fees||Our full fee||With 50% rebate Parent pays||Our casual fee||With 50% rebate Parent pays|
|Before School Care||$14.50||$7.25||$20.00||$10.00|
|After School Care||$22.50||$11.25||$30.00||$15.00|
|Vacation Care||$52.50 Early Bird Special||$26.25||$70.00 Daily Rate||$35.00|
|Pupil Free Day||$52.50||$26.25||$70.00||$35.00|
Other Fees & charges
|Enrolment Fee, Per Child (non refundable||$50.00|
|Bond on enrolment , per child||$200.00|
|Non-notification fee, after school care, per day||$10.00|
|Non-notification fee, vacation care , per day||$15.00|
|Non- sign out fee, for failure to sign your child out of care, per family per day.||$10.00|
|Overdue accounts, per fortnight if your fees are not paid on time||$25.00|
|Late fee (after 6.30pm collection), per minute||$5.00|
|Vacation care booking fee, per family/ per vacation care period||$20.00|
|Vacation care late processing fee, per child
*applies to vacation care enrolment forms handed in after the final cutoff date
|Debt collection fee applies to overdue accounts that need to be sent to a debt collector||$250.00|
|EFTPOS transaction fee (per transaction)||$3.00|
|Rain coats (disposable raincoat given to children in wet weather, if needed)||$2.50|
|Hat – if your child does not have a hat they will be sold one.||$5.00|
|The Additional charges listed below are for Vacation care and Pupil free days|
|Lunch – if your child has no lunch they will be given a vegemite sandwich||$2.50|
|Water bottles for excursions –
– if your child does not have a refillable water bottle they will be given one.
The Management Committee has the right to increase the fees at anytime to ensure we are meeting our financial obligations .
Methods of Payment (in order of preference)
- Internet Transfer
BSB number 062 224 Account number 0090 3590
Your child’s name must appear as a reference.
- Cheque or money order – (Activity Centres Inc).
- Credit card monthly direct debit ( see fee payment envelope)
- Eftpos – at Girraween Activity Centre only and will incur a $3.00 transaction fee
- Cash – For security reasons we would prefer parents avoid paying fees in cash.
Child Care Benefit (CCB)
It is the parent’s responsibility to supply the service with the relevant information needed to apply for Child Care Benefit (CCB).
You must supply the following information on enrolment
Parent’s Customer Reference Number issued to you by Centrelink.
Parent’s Date of Birth
Child’s Customer Reference Number issued to them by Centrelink.
Child’s Date of Birth
Parents can contact the Family Assistance Office on 13 6150, or visit their website or further information about child care benefit of the child care rebate.
Full fees will be charged until your information is provided and processed.
Child Care Rebate (CCR)
The Child Care Rebate helps working families with the cost of child care. The Child Care Rebate covers 50 per cent of out-of-pocket child care expenses for approved child care up to the maximum legislated amount per year per child in approved care.
CCB can only be claimed for 42 absent days each financial year. CCB will not be paid for absences where fees are paid to reserve a place for a child who has not yet started care or for absences once a child has ceased care. Full fees must be paid for absent days over 42 unless a Medical Certificate is produced the next time your child attends the centre.
This is in accordance with section 13.1 of the Child Care Services Handbook, by the Department of Education and Training.
Additional absent days
Additional absent days are not counted as part of the 42 allowable absent days.
Additional absent days may be taken more than 42 times per year, however you must provide the service with approved supporting documentation, a Dr.’s certificate, court /custody papers (as per section 13.2 of the Child Care Services handbook)
Fees must still be paid if your child is absent.
We adhere to the Department of Education and Training (DET) priority of access guidelines as set out in section 6.3 of the Child Care Services Handbook.
- Priority 1. A child at risk of serious abuse or neglect.
- Priority 2. A child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy the work, training, study test under section 14 of the A New Tax system (Family Assistance) Act.1999
- Priority 3. Any other child.
We will be giving priority to children attending our onsite schools.
If no vacancy exists, a waiting list operates.
Within these main categories, priority should be given to the following Children;
- Children in Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander families.
- Children in families which include a disabled person.
- Children in families on a low income.
- Children in families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Children in socially isolated families.
- Children of single parents.
There are some circumstances in which a child who is already in a child care service may be required to leave the service.
Where a service has no vacant places and is providing child care for a child who is a priority 3 under the priority of access guidelines, the service may require that child to leave the child care service in order for the service to provide a place for a higher priority child, but only if:
- The person who is liable to pay child care fees in respect of the child was notified when the child first occupied the child care place that the service followed this policy
- The service gives that person at least 14 days notice of the requirement for the child to leave the child care service.