Background of the Organisation
- Holroyd Community Development Association established the Centre, in January 1990, and continued to sponsor the Centre until incorporation in 1993, at this time changing our name from Girraween Before and After School Care Centre to The Girraween Activity Centre Incorporated. Referred to as “the Organisation”
- The Organisation was set up as a community-based not for profit Organisation, to cater for the needs of working and studying parents with children aged between 5-12 years attending local schools.
- The Organisation opened its doors in January 1990 at Girraween Public School and remained there until it moved to St. Anthony’s Primary School, on the 15th December 1995
- In January 2001 we opened a second service to cater for the needs of the families at Toongabbie West Public School expanding our care within the local community.
- In January 2005 we opened a third service, again to provide the families at Beresford Road Public School with a very much needed service ensuring their children had access to quality care.
- On the 12th June 2008 the official incorporated name was changed from “The Girraween Activity Centre Incorporated” to “Activity Centres Incorporated” to ensure all services were seen as an equally important part of our Organisation.
- On the 26th April 2016 we opened a fourth service, Greystanes Activity Centre operates out of Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish, and caters to the needs of the local community ensuring there is quality care available for the children before and after school.
- on the 19th April 2021 we opened a 5th Service, Pendle Hill Activity Centre made a seamless transition with Cumberland City Council to ensure the Families and Children at Pendle Hill Public School continued to have access to quality care.
- on the 25th June 2021 we closed Girraween and Greystanes Activity Centres, this was due to the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta not renewing our lease.