Activity Centres Incorporated is a well-established not for profit Organisation, operating 4 Out of School Hours Care Services in Western Sydney (Toongabbie, Girraween and Greystanes areas ) we have a strong commitment to ensuring our Staff have access to professional development and continuous support from our experienced Management Team.
The position is to join our Head Office Team (Manager, Assistant Manager and Service Support Coordinator) to ensure our Organisation is operating within relevant Laws.
Being employed in a full time position in our Head Office Team, we are able to offer flexible work hours, as long as your daily hours fit into our Organisations operation hours (6.30am-6.30pm) There will be times where you will be required to be at work at specific times to ensure you attend any compulsory meetings and training or if you are required to help fill in any “on the floor” shifts to ensure we maintain correct ratios as per legislation.
You will have access to your own desk and computer within our Head Office
Negotiable Start date can be anytime from now until mid-January 2020
Key duties will include, but are not limited to,
- Bookkeeping & Payroll through Reckon software.
- Managing family accounts & CCS through Qikkids software.
- Development and review of Policies & Procedures
- Working as part of a team within our Head Office environment to ensure we are operating within the Law and supporting our Service Coordinators and Staff in their roles, which can include helping them complete relevant administrative tasks (risk assessments, medical management plans, new enrolments, etc.) or being the Responsible Person from time to time to ensure we are able to maintain ratios.
Must have a thorough working knowledge of:
- Qikkids CCS approved software
- Reckon account keeping software
- Children’s Services Award 2010
- Department of Education (DET) requirements and the Child Care Subsidy System (CCSS).
- Out of School Hours Care Industry
- Education and Care Services National Law 2010
- Education and Care Services National Regulations 2018
- My Time Our Place learning Framework
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- The ability to research relevant information to review Policies, Procedures and any other relevant documents
- The ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Current Working with Children Check
- Positive customer relations skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Diploma in School-age Education and Care (or equivalent)
- Certificate 4 in Bookkeeping (or equivalent)
- Drivers licence and own car
Applications will close as soon as the position is filled.
Casual on-call positions – could lead to permanent shifts
Activity Centres Incorporated is a well-established not for profit Organisation, operating Out of School Hours Care Services in Western Sydney (Toongabbie, Girraween and Greystanes areas ) we have a strong commitment to ensuring our staff have access to professional development and continuous support from our experienced management team.
- Current working with children check
- Accredited child protection training – or willingness to obtain
- Current first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis certificate
- Certificate IV in outside school hours care or equivalent and/or currently working towards a relevant qualification
- Demonstrated skills and commitment to professionalism and confidentiality
- Experience in outside school hours care or other child related employment
- Good working knowledge of National Quality Standards & Framework
- Good working knowledge of My Time Our Place
- Knowledge and skills in office computer software such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge and skills in use of smart pads, tablets or similar technology and a variety of software/apps eg. Facebook, itunes, photoapps, programming apps etc. or commitment to learn
- Ability to work in a team and implement service program, policies & procedures
- Ability to show initiative and self-direction
- Commitment to further learning & development of knowledge & skills eg. Inservices, training, qualifications.
To apply for a position firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.