Management structure of the Organisation
- The Organisation is incorporated and managed by a team of parents who together comprise the management committee.
- The committee must comprise of no less than 75% of parents with children attending the service, and may comprise up to 25% of interested people from within the community and/or parents with children on the waiting list.
- Office bearers and committee members are elected every year at the Annual General Meeting.
- Meetings are held at 6.30pm on Wednesday of week 5 of each term, at Girraween Activity Centre. (Childcare can be provided, if organised in advance)
- Although the parent committee manage the organisation they must adhere to the guidelines set out for out
- Department of Community and Justice
- of school hours care by the:
- Department of Education (DET)
- Department of Social Service (DSS)
- Early Childhood Education and Care Directorate (ECECD)
- The National Quality Framework.
- The Education and Care Services National Law 2010.
- The Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011.
- Services Australia – Centrelink
- Safe Work NSW
Without a parent committee this organisation would not operate.
Best practice is to have at least 2 parents to represent each service, please speak to the coordinator if you would like to attend monthly meetings.